International Academy of Flint Latest Events+ read more
It offers a better learning environment and a better quality of teaching than most public schools
Visitors » Educational Mission
SABIS® believes that university education is academically accessible to all students. SABIS® also believes that the success of an educational institution should be measured by the value it adds to each individual.
The SABIS® academic goals may be summarized as follows
- to qualify every student for entrance into colleges/universities around the world
- to provide a well-rounded education based on a mastery of English and mathematics
- to enable students to acquire a firm command of a second language
- to train students in logical reasoning and critical thinking
- to prepare students to be able to sustain intellectual efforts for long periods of time
- to generate excitement for life-long learning.
The non-academic goals are geared towards producing graduates who:
- uphold high standards of ethical, moral and civic conduct
- make informed decisions on social issues
- defend their convictions and reverse negative peer pressure
- participate in extra-curricular activities, school management, and community work
- foster tolerance, cooperation and teamwork
- understand the peoples of the world through an appreciation of differences as well as similarities.
In an increasingly competitive world, university education gives students a wider choice and better chances. Practically all students educated in the SABIS® Educational System graduate from good universities; and the percentage of former students who go on to further studies is very high. Since admission to school is non-selective, SABIS® attributes its success and that of its students to its philosophy and goals, and to the high standards of efficiency and accountability that the SABIS® Educational System maintains.